We request support to expand research from the Lower Cretaceous to the Middle-Upper Jurassic succession of the Barents Sea. The efforts will be focused on improving the sequence stratigraphic framework, structural and thickness maps, and paleogeography; analyzing geochemistry; and correlating on- and off- shore studies. As a result of this project, we expect a large impact similar to LoCrA, which includes student and post-doctoral training in Arctic geology and petroleum exploration, conference participation, peer-reviewed publications, and an improved understanding of the Middle Jurassic to Lower Cretaceous paleogeography in order to support successful exploration in the Greater Barents Sea region.
- SEQUENCE STRATIGRAPHIC FRAMEWORK
- Southwestern Barents Sea
- Central western Spitsbergen
- STRUCTURAL AND THICKNESS MAPS
- GEOCHEMICAL ANALYSIS
- BASIN MODELLING FOR MATURITY INVESTIGATION OF THE UPPER JURASSIC AND LOWER CRETACEOUS DEPOSITS
- ON- AND OFF- SHORE CORRELATIONS